LEAN SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT TRAINING
Numerous companies have successfully applied Lean-Six Sigma continuous improvement methods to increase customer satisfaction, minimize lead-time/process time, and reduce costs of poor quality. This Green Belt training course is designed to provide the participants with an understanding of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, tools and analysis techniques to reduce waste and process variation for the business process performance.
3 days classroom training focusing not on PowerPoint slides, but on hands-on usage of the thought process maps and tools necessary to improve key processes.
The course follows the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) methodology, introducing relevant methods and tools to and prepares the participants for completing their own project with one on one coaching.
Upon completion this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history and principals of Lean Six Sigma
- Explain how Lean Six Sigma is deployed within a business
- Understand the role of a Green Belt project member/leader
- Understand and familiar with the tools and techniques to undertaking improvement activity at every level, using the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Apply the DMAIC methodology to reduce variation and improve the capability of a process
- Improve processes using Lean principles
TRAINING OUTLINE :
- Welcome, introductions and agenda
- Participant’s expectation presentation
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma and Course overview
- DMAIC methodology
- The Define Phase
- Project Reviews
- Voice of the Customer : Collection Methods, Critical Customer Requirements Trees
- Voice of the Process
- Project Charters
- Business Case development
- The Measure Phase
- Process Mapping
- Data collection methods
- Six Sigma Tools
- Lean measurement, value of speed
- Lean Tools
- Kaizen: planning and execution
- The Analyze Phase and Tools: 5S, FMEA, Forms of waste, Value add/Non-Value add, Business Value Add concepts
- Root Cause Analyze Methods
- The Improvement Phase
- The Improvement Phase
- List of Vital Xs
- Solution generation and prioritization
- Solution Piloting
- Improvement Plan
- Poka Yoke and FMEA
- The Control Phase
- Control Chart
- Control Plan
- Financial Benefit
- Project Closure and Review
- Case study: Sample of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project.
- Group assignment and presentation.
- Test and feedback
Lecture, highly interactive incorporating exercises, group assignment and discussion, case study and video.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Process Owners who want to learn how to continuously improve their process efficiency and capacity, cost, and reduce compliance risk.
- Professionals identified as Green Belt Candidates for their functional area
- Managers who want to learn how to manage in a process centric environment.
- Team Leaders who want to learn about the business processes and how they
- Can enable better process management
- Supervisors and Engineers who want to learn how processes can be improved to meet increasingly more stringent quality requirements ·
- Completion of Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training
INSTRUCTOR : Ir. Jonathan Sembiring, MM.
Certified Green Productivity Trainer from APO (Asian Productivity Organization), Has been actively dedicated as projects mentor on various lean six sigma projects. Hands-on experiences with more than 25 years in operation, quality, health, safety, environment (QHSE) and productivity in various industries, ranging from mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, manufacturing, training and consulting fields.
Time & Venue
Date : 13 s.d 15 April 2016
Time : 08.00 – 16.00
- Training Center URP, Jl. Pondasi Np. 33E, Kampung Ambon – Jakarta Timur
- Training Center URP, Jl. Soekarno-Hatta No. 590, Metro Trade Center (MTC) Blok G-12 Bandung
Informasi & Pendaftaran
Incoming search terms:
- titianmc six sigma