TWI JOB INSTRUCTION (JI) TRAINING
The TWI (Training, Within, Industry) Job Instruction (JI) program reinforces the practice of Lean Standard Work and teaches supervisors how to quickly train employees to do a job correctly, safely and conscientiously. This tried and tested methodology is based on the 4 Step Method of Job Instruction and utilizes tools such as the Job Breakdown Sheet and Training Timetable. These work standards then provide the foundation for employee engagement, continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Conduct training based on the 4 Step Method of Job Instruction
- Apply the Job Breakdown process to define the important steps, key points and
- Reasons used
- Utilize a Time Table for Training to identify, prioritize and schedule the training necessary for productivity improvement
Upon completion of this training, the participants will be equipped with knowledge and skill on how to set the stage for instruction, effectively demonstrate the task, observe and coach the operator and taper off coaching with proper follow up. Benefits experienced when practicing Job Instruction are reduced training time, less scrap and rework, fewer accidents, and increased job satisfaction. Companies that have implemented TWI have reported improvements of 25% and more in increased production, reduced training time, reduced scrap and reduced labor hours.
TRAINING OUTLINE :
You will learn about :
- Introduction to Job Instruction
- Role of Supervisors in Lean Transformation
- Five Needs of Good Supervisors
- Workforce Instruction – Two Ineffective Methods
- Four Steps of Job Instruction
- Four Steps to Get Ready
- Job Breakdown – Important Steps, Key Points & Reasons
- Training Timetables
- Special Instruction Problems and how to handle them
- Standard Work & Problem Solving
- How to Implement Job Instruction
METHODOLOGY : Lecture, interactive participation, group discussion, case study and video.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND :
This training is designed for team leaders, supervisors or anyone who wish to learn more about TWI and seek practical recommendations on how to help employees and organizations connect their work with continuous improvement and problem solving.
DURATION : 2 days
INSTRUCTOR : Ir. Jonathan Sembiring, MM. Over 25 years of hands on and extensive experiences with theory & practical approach in productivity improvement (lean six sigma) and quality, health, safety, environment (QHSE) covering various industries ranging from manufacturing, mining, oil and gas, and petrochemical.
Time & Venue
Date : 18 s.d 19 April 2016
Time : 08.00 – 16.00
- Training Center URP, Jl. Pondasi Np. 33E, Kampung Ambon – Jakarta Timur
- Training Center URP, Jl. Soekarno-Hatta No. 590, Metro Trade Center (MTC) Blok G-12 Bandung
Informasi & Pendaftaran